To prepare the CB750 motorcycle head for assembly onto the cylinder block, you’ll need the following:
- Open the valve drawing
- Reinstall the valve seats (drawing #: 24 / PN: 14775-410-010)
- Install the valve steam seals from a gasket kit. Purchased my Athena kit from Amazon.
- Lap the valves and valve seats if necessary. Clean up the lapping material.
- Install the valves.
- Install the valve springs. Received new ones from Dynoman in my 836cc Stage 1 upgrade kit.
- Install valve spring retainers (23 / 14771-551-020)
- Compress with a a C Type Compressor
- Install the valve cotters (25 / 14781-551-000)
- Decompress the compressor
After the valves are reassembled, to prepare the rest of the head:
- Open the head drawing
- Oil Orifice Control (drawing #: 6 / PN: 12238-300-010)
- The four 5.8×1.9mm o-rings (15 / 91305-323-000)
- The five rubber seals (16 / 91318-300-013)
- The six 8x14mm alignment dowels (19 / 94301-08140)
This is one of the most complex parts of the engine assembly. Good luck everyone. Write me any comments or questions on the comments page.